As some of my shows wrap up for their holiday hiatus, I thought I would give you an update as to what made the cut for my 2015 TV viewing pleasure. Here is my post on the new 2015 season.
- Castle. Can’t Beckett and Castle just be happy together already!?
- The Goldbergs. Love this show (especially Beverly!!) but what happened to Adam’s voice?! The actor is 16 years old in real life, so is his voice an act? I hate it.
- Modern Family. Love the show but one thing still weighs on me: why didn’t they do a Halloween episode?! It’s Claire’s favorite holiday!
- Nashville. Love this show!
- Scandal. Slightly over-dramatic this season, but I’m still enjoying it!
- How to Get Away With Murder. Interesting story line this season, but really? These poor law students. They get into so much trouble!
- Sleepy Hollow. Love this show!
- Jane the Virgin. Over the top, but great. And I totally identify with Jane as a new mom. (Literally all of the baby references are true and things that I have recently experienced. Except for the baby blinking thing. I didn’t realize that was a big milestone. Oops.)
- Grimm. Love this show too, but I wish Juliette wasn’t “killed off” last season. (I know she’s still filming since I follow her on Instagram, so hopefully it’s a fake out.)
And the newbies:
- Blindspot. This show intrigues me. We’re a couple of episodes behind, but I like it. I think there is potential here.
- Grinder. I love Rob Lowe and this show is a lot of fun. I’d recommend it and will keep watching!
- Quantico. I wasn’t going to tune in to this show but a friend told me that she was going to watch, so I did too. Boy am I glad! Both Brandon and I love this show and look forward to watching it each week!
- Wicked City. I love Chuck from Gossip Girl and this new show is eerie. It’s all sorts of effed up and I kind of love it. Plus now I have Phantom of the Opera tunes floating through my head.
And those not worthy:
- Bastard Executioner. Not even Vampire Bill (from True Blood) could make this series worth watching. I couldn’t – and didn’t – make it through the first 30 minutes of the pilot!
- Z Nation. We finally pulled the plug on this show. It got too weird.
- Gotham. I still record this show, but it’s usually the show I put on to doze to. Sorry, Gotham. You’re too weird too.
- Scream Queens. This looked funny and campy, but it’s just annoying and stupid. I can’t keep the characters or the storyline straight.
- The Player. Thought I’d like this show, but didn’t realize what it was truly about. I watched the trailer and just deleted the subsequent eight episodes saved on my DVR. Thanks but no thanks.
- The Blacklist. This show also got weird. I’m torn on whether or not to keep watching.
What do you think about the new shows this season? Any shows you’d recommend? Do you agree with my commentary? Happy watching!