Are you as hot as I am right now? Summer in Seattle is usually lovely, however, we don’t have air conditioning and when it gets much above 80 degrees outside, it stays that hot (plus!) in our house.
It’s 83 degrees inside and 75 degrees outside as I type this now. At 10 p.m. Ugh.
With hot weather comes the need to cool down and boy do I have the hot tip for you: $1.31 scoops at Baskin-Robbins on Sunday! You know why? It’s the 31st of the month.
Turns out Baskin-Robbins does this EVERY time there are 31 days in a month.
I must confess that I’ve kept this information from you for over a year. But, now you have some notice to get to your closest B&R!
Mark your calendar and you’re welcome. Maybe I’ll see you on Sunday? And every 31st of the month after that?
Enjoy your scoops and you can thank me in the comments section below…
Good bye, Royal Pains!
I lost several dear friends last week: Hank, Divya, and even Evan.
With very little fanfare, Royal Pains said goodbye. A couple of months ago, Castle and Nashville ended their final season. Sadly, my endorsement of a show or product is usually the final nail in the coffin. Even if it’s expected, it’s still sad.
I want to take a few minutes to mourn my favorite shows that have recently faded into oblivion or are on their way out:
Some long-time favorites:
- Castle — Thankfully, Castle will live on in syndication.
- Nashville — I’m still catching up, so don’t spoil it for me. I’m hoping it ended exactly as it should.
- Royal Pains — It ended exactly as it should have. All sunshines and lollipops. Makes me want to visit the Hamptons post haste!
- Pretty Little Liars — There have been 15+ “A’s” and it’s probably time for the Liars to finally grow up, but I’m still going to miss this show!
- Downton Abbey — I’m still a season behind, but I hope to binge watch soon and I’ll miss it!
- The Soup — To be honest, I haven’t watched the Soup in years and since my DVR stopped recording it, I thought it had been cancelled a long time ago.
New “I thought you were going to work out!” shows:
- Grinder — This show is so stupid that it’s perfect and is perfectly cast. With Parks & Rec and now Grinder canceled, where will I got my Rob Lowe fix from?
- The Catch — I had really high hopes for this show, but it fizzled. The characters and the plot weren’t believable anymore; I get it.
- Telenovela — Another fun watch, but not fun enough apparently. I’ve missed seeing Eva Longoria on the small screen and I hope she lands on her feet with another show soon!
- Sleepy Hollow killed off one of their show leads (Abbie Mills), so maybe Sleepy Hollow is on it’s way out too?
To end this on a positive note, I’d love to hear what you’re watching or looking forward to this fall season?