Every September I write about my hopes and dreams for the upcoming fall TV season. Read last year’s post here.
And then around this time every year, as the shows are wrapping up for the season, I take some time to reflect on what I thought of the shows, and how I feel about their fate to return for next season. Read last year’s RIP fall TV post here.
What am I watching now? As I write this, I’m catching up on For the People. I’ve also been engrossed in Riverdale, Westworld, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
Some of my favorites that left or likely will be leaving after this season:
- Vice Principals
- It was only meant to be two seasons and got weird here and there, but I still miss it.
- It was time. I was surprisingly unfilled by the finale.
- Designated Survivor
- I figured it was nearing the end when they killed off Alex last season, but I still enjoy it!
- Great News
- I was fond of this show but never made it a priority. I guess I wasn’t the only one.
- I’m catching up on the current season and it’s weird. It’s time.
- This show is cute! I hope it stays on!!
- Shades of Blue
- I watched the first season sort of. No loss here.
And those who newbies that couldn’t make it work:
- The Crossing
- We’re catching up on this show and it’s good, but I’m definitely not hooked.
- Law & Order: True Crime
- The Mendez Brothers series was interesting. I’d like to see more stories.
- This show was sort of cute, but ridiculous. It was time.
- Alex, Inc.
- I intended to watch this show but then didn’t. I guess I wasn’t the only one!
- For the People
- It is good but it does seem like it’s missing the mark. Maybe they’ll come back and turn it around?
- Such potential. Such a disappointment.
- Life Sentence
- I thought the show was cute, and I’ll miss it. Lucy Hale’s duck lips though? Not right.
- The Mayor
- I gave up on this show less than one episode in. It was bad.
So, what’s on-tap for the summer TV viewing?
- Nashville returns June 7
- The Bold Type returns June 12
- Young & Hungry returns June 20
- Take Two premieres June 21
- Westworld wraps up June 24
- Making It premieres July 31 (I’ll still watch, even though I’m not on it. Jerks.)
- Ballers returns August 12
Tell me what else I should be watching!