Brandon was born in Colorado and as a result he grew up watching the Broncos. (We even cheered on the Broncos when they played the Seattle Seahawks in 2014.) He knows everything about the team and will root for them every chance he gets. He was offered that opportunity a few weeks ago during SuperBowl 50.
We held a SuperBowl party and went all out– as all out as we can with an infant at home who’d not big on napping. Thanks to Michael’s four-month sleep regression, we had the “pleasure” of waking up at 5 a.m., an hour earlier than we had intended, which worked out perfectly for the brisket. Brandon was able to get it into the Traeger an hour earlier! (It’s all about looking on the bright side, right?)
Here’s the party breakdown.
- Beef brisket (smoked for hours by Brandon)
- Baked beans (we were going to make them from scratch and then we saw them for sale at Costco: So. Much. Easier.)
- Superfood kale salad — this kit is available at Costco and is so easy to put together. It’s delicious too!
- Veggie platter
- Blue tortilla chips with seven-layer dip (pre-purchased, so worth it!)
- Half time pepperoni pizza. We bought this ginormous pizza at Costco. It took me mere minutes to rearrange the pepperonis and cut a string cheese as the laces. (Photo below!)
- Desserts: orange and blue browned-butter Rice Krispie treats and the most adorable and delicious sugar cookies you’ve ever had from my friend Robin (she also made the beehive cookies at our gender reveal last year)
And of course some photos:
Hopefully we get to have another successful SuperBowl party next year! This little guy has his game face on and is ready!