Our third (but really second…) mint meal was a delicious Greek salad. We also had potatoes and chicken (with oregano and salt and pepper) with the Greek salad.
My Greek salad dressing making skills needed some assistance, so I took to the internet for some tips. I found the perfect and uber-delicious dressing mix on the Pioneer Woman Cooks blog.
The dressing included:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Duh! Hadn’t crossed my mind before…
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar I usually use way too much vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (more To Taste) Didn’t think of this either
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced A first on the garlic too…You’d think I’ve never made Greek salad before…
- 6 whole Kalamata Olives (extra), Chopped Fine Genius! Why hadn’t I thought of this?!
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 whole Lemon, For Squeezing
I HIGHLY recommend the Pioneer Woman’s Greek salad. It’s so, so good!!
PLEASE NOTE: I did not include lettuce in my Greek salad like the Pioneer Woman does, but I’m sure it’s delicious with or without the lettuce.