Wow. Where did the time go!? It feels like I’ve been both pregnant forever but also pregnant for just a few days, when in reality, the clock is quickly ticking down and there are only 100 days remaining until Baby Michael’s anticipated arrival! (I think he’ll be early, so maybe it’s even fewer than 100 days!)
Brandon is done with spring quarter today, so starting this weekend our attention will be focused on the little man’s new room. It’s always best to start with some sketches, some inspiration and a list. So, here we go!
What do you think of my masterful sketching? We’ll see how true-to-life this ends up being:And the master to do list:
- Remove the mattress and bed frame. Wrap for transport to the cabin.
- Apologize to Maddie for stealing her favorite napping spot.
- Wash sheets, take comforter to dry cleaners.
- Remove ball lights.
- Clean out and remove the bookshelf side table.
- Vacuum and dust thoroughly!
- Buy paint and paint the room. We’re debating between Behr’s Sparrow and Anonymous. Which one is your favorite?
- Secure baseboards. Touch up with paint if necessary.
- Hang curtain rods and curtains.
- Place the art on the shelves and think about where wall art will be placed
- Empty Brandon’s clothes from the dresser.
- Replant and move Brandon’s terrarium.
- Assemble new rocking chair.
- Grab crib from home-home and set it up.
- Finish whale mobile.
- Finish painting ceramic fish and lampshade.
- Measure dresser, cut whitewood (or other kind of cheap wood) to create a top. (We’re making something like this, but only the top.)
- Sand and paint dresser, replace drawer pulls.
- Sand and stain dresser top, elephant rocker, side table, trophy bases and book boxes.
- Spray paint the ceramic animal heads, adhere them to the wood trophy bases.
- Make rope basket “zoo” for stuffed animals.
That’s about it. Totally doable, right? Maybe not in a single weekend, but we’ve got 100 days!
Here are some before photos.
Let the magic begin! Happy Friday!!