Looking for a last minute Halloween craft? Planning on leaving candy outside for trick-or-treaters? Want a fancy way to display all the candy you’re going to eat yourself?
I have the DIY project for you: Oozing Witch Cauldrons!
This idea came from this year’s Better Homes & Garden’s Halloween magazine. We likely won’t put it outside for trick-or-treaters, but you’d better believe it’s filled with all our favorite candies already, awaiting Halloween this weekend.
This is a super easy craft. Please make your own and tag me or post your projects here!
Gather your supplies:
- Cauldron ($6, Walmart)
- Spray insulation ($3, Home Depot)
- Acrylic paint for the ooze (had on-hand)
- Stick for sign (We used a painted paint stir stick, optional)
- Candy (once completed, for filling)
… And get started. This project is so easy a five year old can do it!
- Prep spray insulation per package instructions (open, put on nozzle)
- Set up work space (cauldron on top of working space– we used cardboard box in the garage)
- Spray! (If you’re adding a sign, make sure you insert your stick/sign post when the ooze is still wet.)
- And then wait per package instructions. Warning: the insulation will GROW as it hardens.
- Once fully dry, paint the ooze, if you’d like. We used a “lime” matte acrylic that we had on-hand. The original instructions suggest spray painting, but that didn’t make sense to me, plus I had time to hand paint it while Michael did his virtual schooling.
- Add glow-in-the-dark paint. (We did because glow-in-the-dark puffy paint is amazing. We put it on everything!)
- Print and adhere sign. (We printed onto a heavy cardstock and adhered it with 1″ blue painters tape)
- Fill with candy and enjoy!
Ready to print signs (8.5″ x 11″) CLICK FOR THE PDF