Get ready… get set… it’s time to make sure your DVR is ready for the fall TV season!
In my mind, Labor Day is the turning point of summer when the sun sets a little earlier each night, there is a bit of a chill in the air, and I start craving yummy stews, fall sweaters and football. But that’s not all. Fall also means the return of the ‘normal’ TV shows, which makes me a very happy camper.
Labor Day also prompts me to search out a fall premiere calendar and here is what I found. Thank God for my DVR, so I can stay up to date on all of my shows and still have a life while I pretend that I’m not this into TV.
What will I be watching? Good question. Let me tell you!
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) (So sad that it’s the last season! I’ll miss these guys!)
- Castle (ABC) (One of Brandon’s favorites too. I’ve been catching syndicated episodes on TNT and I’m excited for the new episodes to be back! Will Kate say yes!?!?!)
- Scandal (ABC) (I love Olivia Pope!!)
- Grimm (NBC) (Another one of Brandon’s favorites. Last season was too short. I can’t wait to see what adventures Nick and Monroe have been up to. Will Nick really become a zombie or will the Captain save him?)
- Modern Family (ABC) (Another Brandon favorite. I love their hijinks.)
- Nashville (ABC) (Love, love, love this show… and the music. Almost makes me want to live in the south. Almost.)
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) (As a government worker, this show is even more funny for me, I’m just sad its the last season. Go Leslie! Take over the world!)
- Glee (Fox) (Everyone’s question: How will they handle Finn’s death!?)
- Law & Order: SVU (NBC) (L&O SVU is always on our tv. Although I’m not very current, I like the show and can pick up almost anywhere.)
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) (It’s about 5 seasons past being cool, but I save Grey’s to watch when nothing else is on.)
- The Simpsons (Fox) (An old favorite that we record and watch during dinner sometimes.)
- Once Upon a Time (ABC) (It’s getting a little weird, but it’s still good when nothing else is on)
- Suburgatory (ABC) (I was sad to find out that ABC has pushed this premiere to the winter. It’s also one of our favorites)
And I’m going to try out some new shows…
- Ravenswood (ABC Family) (From ABC Family: Ravenswood will center on a town, not far from Rosewood, PA (the home base of Pretty Little Liars), which has suffered under a deadly curse for generations. Five strangers suddenly find themselves connected by this fatal curse and need to dig into the town’s mysterious and terrible history before it’s too late for each of them. This is a Pretty Little Liars spin-off that is supposedly creepier than PLL! EEEK!)
- The Blacklist (NBC) (From NBC: For decades, ex-government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington has been one of the FBI’s most wanted fugitives. Brokering shadowy deals for criminals across the globe, Red was known by many as “The Concierge of Crime.” Now, he’s mysteriously surrendered to the FBI with an explosive offer: He will help catch a long-thought-dead terrorist, Ranko Zamani, under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth “Liz” Keen, an FBI profiler fresh out of Quantico. For Liz, it’s going to be one hell of a first day on the job. Sounds like another L&O/Castle!)
- Trophy Wife (ABC) (From ABC: They say the third time’s the charm and reformed party girl Kate is hoping that’s true when she becomes Pete’s third wife. She fell into his arms (literally) at a karaoke bar and a year later, Kate’s got an insta-family complete with three stepchildren and two ex-wives. Pretty typical rom-com. Sounds entertaining at least!)
- Betrayal (ABC) (From ABC: Two lovers’ worlds will collide, culminating in a powerful and compelling story of sex, love, loyalty, marriage and treachery in the provocative, sensual and gripping new drama, “Betrayal.” Sounds trashy and intriguing! Just my type of show!)
- The Goldbergs (ABC) (From ABC: Before there were parenting blogs, trophies for showing up, and peanut allergies, there was a simpler time called the ‘80s. For geeky 11-year old Adam these were his wonder years and he faced them armed with a video camera to capture all the crazy. Growing up in the 80s, I think I’ll like this show…)
What about you? What will you be watching this fall? Do we share any favorite shows?
Thanks for reading! And happy watching!